Overcoming Obstacles


Today I did handstands.

All day long.


I have been doing yoga almost EVERYDAY since the beginning of the year.  Yay me!  I am the yoga master!  Honestly, I had to because I was becoming oh, so unhealthy ever since I had to stop Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu due to breaking a wrist in a tournament almost 2 years ago.  But that is a whole other story..............

The point is I pushed myself.  I knew I could do it.  I can do whatever I can think.  That is the beauty of being me.  I have my health and I am going to push myself to be awesome.  To be a yoga superstar.  To be an Art Star.  It feels soooo good to push yourself, and push yourself, and finally be rewarded.  So, so good.

Everyday there are obstacles.......
Really HARD ones like being a GREAT mom.
And really stupid ones like................



Not being able to open this stupid Liquin bottle (Dear God, look at the price.  Thanks Hobby Lobby for taking advantage of desperate artists).  Where is my big, strong, and handsome Rock Star when I need him to open bottles?





Or opening these stupid oil paint tubes.  Lord, God, Why?  You would think they would come up with a way these tubes wouldn't leak and get cemented shut after centuries of oil painting.  There has to be a better way.......




And my knees....well, I solved that one with a yoga mat.  Paint, meditate, paint, meditate, paint, meditate, random dancing, paint, handstands, paint, handstands, random dancing.......etc., etc........
Seriously, though, I can't meditate.  I suck at it.  When I control my mind then I will be the zen master!  I can only master a few things at time time, people!





And here he is.  So incomplete but so beautiful like all of us.















Comments

Popular Posts