It's Been A While

 Oh, Hello! Where have you been?
    



Obviously, this blog is called "The Artist's Life" and it is about my life, and I'm an artist, but I am sooooooooo much more than that. In fact, the other things that make up who I am have gotten in the way of this blog.

     For those who don't know me, let me tell you that I am a single mother of three. This is not the hardest life ever but it is not the easiest. Having three children is manageable. That is, if you can share the responsibility with another parent. I don't have that luxury. 

     Not complaining! Oh no, you will not hear me complaining on this sight. I am simply stating a fact. A very obvious fact.

     I haven't been doing nothing since I have been away from my blog. It's quite the opposite. I have had a lot of success in my art.  I have gotten into some very fine galleries(Texas Treasures Fine Art) and (Gallery on the Square) and almost, almost had a show in Santa Fe. I landed one, really I did. It was scheduled and they even made a banner with my name and my art on it to hang outside the gallery but the gallery was new and when the gallery director decided to resign, the gallery suddenly closed leaving one very disappointed artist.  :-(

     But anyway, and blah-blah-dee-blah, here I am ready to move forward with new ideas and I am going to take you along for the ride. Lucky you!

     My recent visit to Santa Fe and Taos inspired me and I am coming up with some great ideas for new paintings.  I just ordered a 54" x 84" canvas to put one of my new painting ideas on!  It's big, I know, but I am dreaming big and I can't see my vision on anything smaller. It's just not going to work if it's smaller. 

     These paintings are going to be Epic.....


Comments

Popular Posts