Weekdays in Small Towns





I painted in my store during this week.  Weekdays in Wimberley are slooooooow.  This sleepy town doesn't wake up until the weekend.  Wimberley is kind of a tourist town in Texas.  Cute shops, friendly people, in the heart of the hills, with the lovely Blanco River running through it.  

But the weekdays are dead.  Leaves me plenty of time for painting.



I paint in my store/gallery which also functions as my studio.

I must admit that I haven't painted as much since we opened SongBrush Gallery but I am getting back into it now that I am getting into a routine.

I love having a shop.  I get to meet all sorts of people.  Some LOVE my art.  Some don't even see it.  Some act surprised when they realize I'm the artist.  Others say, "I can't even draw a straight line." To which I reply, "I can't either."  In any case I am meeting people and people are what  I am drawn to which is why I am not a landscape artist.

I loved it when 3 french people came into my store weeks ago and fell in love with the "vibe" and bought all kinds of unique hand made gifts they could only get in Texas.  Made my day. 

People are miracles and I love sharing my town, my art, and my life with them.



...but it is quiet today.  No problem, tomorrow is Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts