You Wreck Me!




Last spring my Rock Star took me to see another Rock Star in Austin, TX.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers!  Oh My God!

This is me crying real tears of joy as Tom Petty hits the stage playing "You Wreck Me".


Good Grief!  I am such a cry baby!



Rock and Roll Awesomeness!

Here's the song for your listening pleasure...



It's great, right?  This is great music.


I have been wanting to paint some Rock Stars as part of a Rock Star series and Tom Petty is my first one.  I actually had this painting drawn out on canvas way over a year ago and forgot about it and started my "Americana" paintings.  Now I am back on it again.

This is what I've got so far.......




What do ya think?

I like it.

I have some work to do on his beautiful Rickenbacker.  It's going to be a tough one to paint.  Baby Steps.  That is what painting is sometimes.  Baby steps.
Other times it's like warp speed.  Never can tell.

All I have to say about painting is, 
" You wreck me, baby
You break me in two
But you move me, honey
Yes, you do".

Yup, that about sums it up.

ROCK ON!





Comments

Popular Posts