Crow Indian Painting




I know it's been a long while since I've posted anything but I have been really busy with kids and thinking, and thinking and kids.

Well enough with the thinking!  I finally decided what to paint next.  Hope it's as epic as I think it will be.  Time will tell.

I've assembled the image in photoshop first.  To safe guard against bad composition and color choices.   I love photoshop!  What on earth would I do without it?  Would Michaelangelo think this is cheating?  What Would Michaelangelo Do?  I'd like to think he'd use photoshop too.  After all, he did use assistants.......something I don't have.





Photoshop Rocks!




I really admire artists who were masters before the days of the internet and spotify and photoshop and bing and google and pandora and the endless supply of daily artistic, digital inspiration.  I think everything pretty much Rocks right now.

Especially Justin Black (my man), who I am listening to on spotify.  Terrifically inspirational music if you need to be inspired.  Here's a link......

I like to dance and paint and paint and dance and do yoga! 
This can lead to embarrassingly sassy pics......



                                                            Just like this one.  I'm sorry.
Oh, and I just started to paint....see?












A few days later and this is what I got.
(It's far from finished)

A little about this painting...

This is Curley.  I decide to paint him because I thought he was handsome.  It's as deep as that.  LOL!

But, I did read a little about him (thanks to the glorious interwebs) and it turns out he was a Crow Indian Scout for The Battle of Little Bighorn.


Wikipedia, you better not be lying to me.  :)

Soooooooo, I have incorporated the red, white, and blue.  I will add a gold leaf halo around his head and circle that with gold stars.

He has black crow wings but he is NOT an angel people!  It is just symbolic of his heritage and position as a scout.

Anyways, people will probably interpret this painting a number of ways but in the end it will definitely be Super Cool!

WWMD?

Peace Out!








Comments

Popular Posts